Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farewell, 2008: Fashion Trends in Review

In general, 2008 was a spectacular year for fashion. The designers created looks that could seamlessly translate into reality, yet didn't lack innovation. There are many, many trends that I adored and endlessly tried recreating, but there are still those few that I’m glad to see left behind after tonight =)!

Not Joining This Bandwagon -->

Ugg Boots: This certainly wasn’t started on the runway, but it’s so mainstream for today’s female population, it simply had to be mentioned! I’m not saying this to rip on anyone who has Uggs, but they make legs look horrible! When worn with cropped sweatpants or even jeans, the look is still bulky and, might I say, neolithic. Many can attest to their comfort, but I'd rather use them as a pillow. Now if Ugg made a blanket, I would purchase that in a heartbeat ;)

Puffer: My first thought is always "Michelen Man" ! Designers styled the runways to pull them off as "sporty" with neons and patent materials, or "sophisticated" with cinching belts; that didn't work out very well, they are shapeless no matter what! The feather down is comfortable though that's just unwanted bulk for me.
Jumpsuits: I can't really point specifics for my disliking, I just know that I wouldn't even wear one :X. This is a look that should be left for toddlers, machinists, and 70's disco dancers :P.
Dropped-Crotch [iffy terminology, right?]: This is a category that includes Harem trousers, MC Hammer pants, genie pants, and dropped crotch leggings. I can't stand it; certainly a look that only the seriously brave could pull off. They must be roomy inside though the extra material between the legs would turn one into a parachute!
Now, onto my favorite trends and styles of oh eight. I hope these live on -->

Scarves: The year-round accessory that hasn't failed me yet. Whether it's in or out, I'll have at least ten different variations of the scarf in my closet.
Plaid: Not only for punk Brits and Canadian lumberjacks anymore! :D I'm a huge fan of plaid headbands and socks. Jackets, shoes, scarves, purses and stationary in plaid bring out any one's inner fashionista. In a more demure palette, dresses and skirts are fantastic as well.
The New Romantic: A wash of pale neutrals and a softness that emanates girly. Linens with draping chiffon and ethereal silhouettes are balanced by tougher, Earthy materials. I adore the free-spirit this style had for the summer and have cross-fingers for its return!

Boy-Meets-Girl: The slim masculine shapes give a "don't mess with me" attitude for women. It's empowering and alluring, especially in monochrome ensembles. This trend also includes men suits and blazers, with preppy accents like oxford heels and tweed. And there you have it -- my thoughts on the fashion of 2008. I'm looking foward to what 2009 will bring! Next week, I'll reveal my fashion and lifestyle resolutions. I wish everyone a spectacular New Year (anyone wearing purple to a New Year's Eve bash?), and have a safe holiday!

xoxo;
Nicole.

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Great post, Nicole!!

BAHAHAHAHA dropped-crotch????!!! Wow...that's all I have to say :P

l,
Hannah

Nicole Linette said...

HAHA, I know, right? Thanks Hannah =)

peace&love
nicole.

Aurelie said...

Happy New Year to you too! While I can't say I hate the Uggs look and the plaid (although the sleeveless dress looks cute), I'm totally with you when it comes to the dropped crotches. Ewwww!

deko and posh said...

Those Dropped Crotch pants are so very interesting...Grin.

Hope your New Year will bring you great things.

dekoposh, Inc. Team

Deko said...

I can't stop laughing. I was just thinking about Posh in those Dropped Crotch Pants...(smiling). Ha

I could always use some fashion advice for guys...I love how the Jonas Brothers dress.

L8R...Deko