Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mariposa's Connections: The Intro

Hey! I’m a new writer for Deko & Posh's blog, and every Saturday I'll be writing “Connections” or, in other words, everything you want to know about teen dating ;) I actually found Deko and Posh through my other blog "Behind this Mask" (sweetgrass1748.blogspot.com). So firstly, a little about me: You can call me Mariposa, and I’m a teenager stuck in that point of life where I’m trying to figure out what I want to do with college/my life.

As for things I like to do, I’m a black belt in Taekwondo, I’m a figure skater, I swim, bike, run, and even go camping. On the other hand, I’m a singer, enthusiastic about writing, have a passion for music, and like dancing, art, acting, modeling & fashion. Besides that, I think writing this column going to be a lot of fun & I look forward to getting to know all of you, readers!

To start you off on teen dating, here are some tips for that first date:

1. Do something fun. Do something that you’ll both enjoy, yet something that will also give you the chance to talk/know each other better.

2. Don’t pick up your cell phone unless you really need to.

3. Be polite. Guys, some girls really like it when you open doors for them. Girls, guys usually like it when you tell them what a great time you had.

4. Be confident. If you’re nervous, just remember the other person is probably just as nervous, or more.

5. Talk & listen. Don’t just talk about yourself during your date – ask the other person questions about themselves, even if it’s as simple as, “What’s your favorite color?" However, if the date turns into just question & answer, then you need to change. Go into why it’s your favorite color. Or, in other words, add on to your answer – it’s the art of conversation.

6. Be yourself. Because in the end, that’s who you want that other person to fall in love with – yourself – not someone you pretend to be. If the other person doesn’t love you for who you are, then that’s his or her loss. Because who you are in the inside is what makes you beautiful, unique, and different from any other person.

13 comments:

Yesha said...

hey. thanks for the comments you left on my blog posts.

this blog is quite interesting. and useful.

happy holidays! =]

Nicole Linette said...

Hey Mariposa!
It's great having you as a writer for Deko and Posh. I can't wait to see what your collumn has in store, I could always use some more help in this area! ;)

peace&love
nicole.

Posh said...

Hello Mariposa,

I am so excited you are a Column Writer for dekoposh, Inc. I can't wait for your Column, it will be so helpful for all of us. You sound like an amazing girl.

Wink...Posh

Deko said...

Nice to meet you!! Can't wait for your Column, look forward to it. I always need help in this area.

L8R...Deko

Jillian said...

Hi,
My name is Jillian. And I am the writer of
"The View From My Window" blog. I think what you are doing is cool. But just one question, just out of curiosity. How did you chose MY blog to follow, of all the other great ones out there? I mean do you like it?
Just wondering,
Jillian

Amelia said...

Heyo, welcome to the Dekoposh family, Mariposa! I'm looking forward to reading your column. I certainly haven't had much luck in this area!

-Amelia

Anonymous said...

very cool article M.

Aurelie said...

Great tips! By the way, I love your name! It's so pretty! Is it your name in real life or just your nickname?

deko and posh said...

We look forward to your Column. It is so nice to have you here.

Love Life, Dream Big, Live Well

dekoposh, Inc. Team

Shannon said...

Hi Mariposa!
It's spectacular to have you here!
I'm super stoked for your column. I already love your first post. Great tips, btw. You can never have too much help in that area.

mariposa said...

Thanks so much, everyone! Your comments mean a lot to me :) Aurelie, no, Mariposa isn't my real name. But it does means "butterfly" in Spanish :)

Green4Kids said...

Great to have you here Mariposa. I am the founder of dekoposh, Inc. I read everyone's Columns everyday, I don't always leave comments. Thanks for being one of our Column Writers. I look forward to your Column, great subject.

Always,
Dina

mariposa said...

Thanks so much - I'm flattered :)