Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Are YOU ready for Turkey Day?

Hello all you beautiful people!! Hope you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving break (those of you who are on one) and an excellent weekend!! Are you excited about Thanksgiving? I know I am, because this year, my sister and I will be doing almost all of the cooking and I can't wait to get started!! Speaking of the holidays, how many of you guys love holiday music? I, for one, can say that holiday music is one of my faves...and it definitely puts me in the holiday spirit!! :)

In honor of Thanksgiving, which is only days away, I'll be sharing some Thanksgiving songs with you guys!! Personally, I didn't know so many Thanksgiving songs existed...but now that I reminisce on past memories, I remember listening to some of them back in elementary school!! (Wouldn't it be fun to be a kid again?) Two of them include Everyday is Thanksgiving and Turkey Dinner Dance!! :) The songs are definitely silly, but catchy at the same time!! I have a feeling I might be sharing some of those with my little siblings this year!! :)

Also, really quick reminder before I forget, don't forget to catch the 2009 American Music Awards, tomorrow night (November 22)...check http://www.tvguide.com/ for local channels and time listings!! A lot of your favorite stars and celebs will be there, including Taylor Swift, Whitney Houston, Lady Gaga, Jay Z, and more!! Find out which star will take home the awards!! I hear Taylor Swift is up for quite a bit :)

Another quick reminder, don't forget to catch Keke Palmer, Mitchel Musso, Katharine McPhee, Tiffany Thorton, Jay Sean, Boys Like Girls, and much, much more on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!! The parade will air Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26, at 9AM (CHECK YOUR LOCAL TIME LISTINGS AND CHANNELS!!!)!! I've watched the parade in the past with my family...you won't want to miss it!! :)

Alrighty, that's all for now friends. Have a safe and fun Thanksgiving with your family!! Eat lots of turkey!! :)

-Labanya

2 comments:

ellie said...

I almost forgot about those awards.

Labanya said...

Did you watch them? :)