Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Monday, January 25, 2010

One Pimple is One Too Many - Optimism

Hello everyone!

How are you doing? Fabulous? Good!
The other day I bought a copy of Michael J. Fox's newest memoir Always Looking Up. The by-line is catchy but also very interesting. "The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist" Are you an incurable optimist?

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
It's true. You cannot change where you were born, the family you were born to or your past. You can change how you end up. That's the beauty of life. As long as you are still breathing, you have the opportunity to change your life. Every breath is a second chance.

"If I regarded my life from the point of view of the pessimist, I should be undone. I should seek in vain for the light that does not visit my eyes and the music that does not ring in my ears. I should beg night and day and never be satisfied. I should sit apart in awful solitude, a prey to fear and despair. But since I consider it a duty to myself and to others to be happy, I escape a misery worse than any physical deprivation." - Helen Keller
We all have things in our life that we wish hadn't happened to us. We all have difficulties. Maybe your family life isn't the best. Maybe you have a disease that tries to slow you down. Maybe no matter how hard you try -- you just can't win.
Take heart. Believe. Hope. You are still alive. You still have something to offer the world. Everything that's happened to you -- fairly and not -- is building you up for the destiny you were meant to have!

Your probably asking, "What's all this talk of destiny?" "I'm just a nobody from a small town. I like to sing but I don't think I could make a career of it." "I was sexually abused when I was young. How can I ever get over that?" "My parents are really out there Ariel. I don't think they even care about my dreams." If Carrie Underwood, Oprah Winfrey and Shia LeBeouf had thought that -- where would they be today?

You have a special purpose that only you can bring to this world. You are a peculiar treasure! I say that a lot but do you know what it means?
Peculiar = Unusual. Eccentric. Odd. Distinct from all others. ((Wow. Makes you feel good right? Hold on to your hat!))
Now let's see what Treasure means.
Treasure = Valuable or precious possessions of any kind. One considered especially precious or valuable. To keep or regard as precious; value highly


Peculiar treasure = that's what you are! A precious, valued, unique person that has so much to offer! 
You are more than enough. <3


"No matter what age you are, or whatever your circumstances might be, you are special, and you still have something unique to offer. Your life, because of who you are, has meaning." - Barbara De Angelis


Have a great week everyone!


<3

No comments: