Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Top Stories

Liam Hemsworth Delighted 'Hunger Games' Doesn't Suck

Actor tells MTV News he'd be ' very, very pleased' to shoot the third film, in which his character, Gale, gets a lot more action.

His character, Gale, might not head into the arena himself, but Liam Hemsworth was at the center of the chaos of the black carpet at the world premiere of "The Hunger Games."

Hemsworth walked the red carpet in Los Angeles to the delight of Team Gale members everywhere. Though he'll only appear in the first part of the movie, Gale is Katniss' childhood friend and support system in District 12 before she heads off to the arena to compete in the Hunger Games. He's also the face of an entire fanbase who root for him in his quest for Katniss' heart.

Speaking honestly with MTV News' Josh Horowitz, Hemsworth admitted that he was feeling his nerves. "I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm very, very excited to be here," he said. "I honestly don't know if we did know what we were getting into. It wasn't nearly as huge as it is when I signed on. It seems to be growing more and more, but I'm very fortunate to be a part of it."

The passion of "Hunger Games" fans is not lost on Hemsworth, who said how appreciative he was of their support. "The fans that I have met so far have been nothing but supportive and extremely passionate about the books," he said. "I feel so honored to meet all these people. Something like this, which I think is bigger than anyone in the film, it's pretty crazy."

When you're involved with something with such a strong built-in audience like "The Hunger Games," the main thing you have to consider is quality. Hemsworth worried briefly, but had his fears put to rest when he saw the finished project.

"Originally, I had told everyone that I was going to go see it on my own. It's always pretty nerve-racking, seeing it for the first time, especially because there was so much expectation around it. I really didn't want it to suck," Hemsworth said. "I feel a lot better now. I'm very, very proud of it, and I think it's an extremely powerful film. I feel a lot more at ease than I did before seeing it."

Gale will get the see a lot more action in the upcoming films, something Hemsworth is looking forward to. "If we get to shoot the third one, which I'm really hoping we do, the third one's great," he said. "There's a big uprising and rebellion, and my character Gale's a big part of that. If we get to shoot that, I'll be very, very pleased."

While he'll get to do more in the next movies, he won't be victorious in winning the heart of Katniss. Hemsworth said that their relationship takes on a different form. "My character's kind of grown up with Katniss. The beginning of the story, they're more or less brother and sister than anything," he said. "They're best friends. They've been keeping each other alive. It's a little frustrating, for the character. As the character, not as me."

Source: google.com

No comments: