Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Twisted Tweens: Drama Class

Every Wednesday, from 1:15 to 1:45, I will teach a drama class to a group of 6-9 year old kids. This started yesterday.

My class is one of many different classes. The homeschool group I'm in has organized these classes for several years. But this is only the second time I've taught. I call these classes Wednesday Classes, because they've often been held on Wednesday. In reality, they're called S.C.E.N.E classes -- not that I remember what the acronym stands for.

We've held Wednesday Classes at several different community centers. We are using a brand new community center this time around. I walked into it for the first time yesterday. It looked magnificently nice and new. It smelled as if it had just popped out of a doll house factory; all the chemicals of creation-according-to-humans still lingered, invisible to us. Oh well, the smell will wear away.

They did not build a stage. I believe that if someone builds a building for the public to use they need to build a stage along with it. Therefore, it bothers me that no stage exists at this new community center. On the other hand, I do have a nice room for my class. It has carpet, which feels slightly softer than our usual floors. And people don't need to walk through it every few minutes to get to a different room. And the pool table stands in a different room, so my drama students won't feel so tempted distract themselves with the pool balls. Yes, I'm very, fairly pleased.

I had four students yesterday. More will join in next week. The most interesting student I have is Metal Man. He's seven and rambunctious. He seeks a lot of attention and he tries to control everything that we do in the class. The other boy (I have two) is Utah, who is a little rambunctious, especially if Metal Man attacks him. Overall, he's much easier to control. He's also highly intelligent; he has read all seven Harry Potter books, and he's only six. Rachelle, a shy but headstrong girl, is much quieter than the two boys, who like to chatter about their own achievements. She also tries to control the wild Metal Man –– at least, she tries to protect me from him. I appreciate this, but it can lead to chaos when they resort to wrestling. Dani remains the quietest of all. Her imagination might be too sweet to make a balanced character (each one is supposed to develop his or her own character) but I'll try to explain this to her as we move along, and I expect that she will catch on.

I expect that I will keep writing about these classes, as they are weekly and they tend to provide a lot of interesting stories.

So, until I have more to say....

Zachary W.

1 comment:

deko and posh said...

Very cool Zachary! We can't wait to hear more.