Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Monday, August 31, 2009

One Pimple is One Too Many - Blogging/Vlogging

Hey Everybody!

How are you doing today? Wonderful I hope!

Today I want to talk about blogging and vlogging.

Blogging
I've had my blog account since the beginning of time. (Otherwise known as December 2004.) Originally, it was a place for me send out random thoughts/quotes/poems etc into the blogosphere. The summer of 2007 I created a new blog with the specific purpose of keeping in touch with friends that I had met over the summer. Over time it evolved into a wonderful place to voice my ideas, thoughts, dreams and aspirations to the world. In blogging I've found not only a great outlet, but the chance to review books for two different publishing companies! (I've even had the opportunity of interviewing an author and having multiple authors read my reviews of their book!) The best thing is: anyone can be a blogger! You don't have to pay any money or have an extensive knowledge of grammar and vocabulary: all you need is a valid email and an idea! There are many different blog sites to choose from: Xanga, LiveJournal, Tumblr and of course Blogger. Choose the site that's right for you!

Here a few blogs that you might find interesting:

Face Replace - it hasn't been updated since April but the idea is intriguing enough! (The idea was co-started by Charlieissocoollike! More on him in the vlogging section :))
Yetton Adventures - Joy Williams used to be one of my favorite singers in middle school and I enjoy your music to this day! This is a blog chronicling her married life and her music
Weeno Photography - I just happened across this site one day and have been a faithful follower ever since. If you love quirky photography and a witty photographer to boot, you're in for a treat!

(Psst! Don't forget to check out the personal blogs of all our Column Bloggers! :))


&

Vlogging

Since the dawn of youtube in 2005, there have been vloggers (which in internet speak means: Video Bloggers) Basically, instead of writing an entry about what you did that day - why not talk about it? And with the extra help of cool graphics and editing, you can make a unique contribution to the vlogging world!

Some of my favorite vloggers are:

Charlie is so cool like - a British teen talking about his world and taking you along for the ride. (I'll be honest, I'd watch even if he was boring - I absolutely LOVE British accents! :))
Meekakitty - is a formal model living in New York. She is random, a little crazy and a whole lot of weird - but I think that adds to her appeal :) (My personal favorite? Toys Rus Adventure. Check it out! :))
Jonas Brothers You knew it was coming :) Usually used as a tool for promotion, you can catch the latest details on what's happening in the JB's busy schedule. Sometimes though, they post a video just for fun. (Joe's single ladies dance/JB&Demi's "Soap Opera"/Nick J Show to name a few)
Taylor Swift Taylor's videos have actually encouraged me to make my own videos. She's directed two of her music videos (The Best Day & I'm Only Me When I'm With You) and makes a habit of putting together a video compilation of what she's done recently. (Her newest video is about her upcoming trip to London, touring with Brooks & Dunn and hanging out with Demi Lovato! All set to the fabulous song known as One Time by Justin Beiber :))


IMPORTANT NOTE
While I believe that being honest with your readers/viewers is important, I would strongly recommend you don't post/talk about your personal information (your last name, address, where you attend school, email etc.) As always, I would suggest keeping an open communication with your parents when it comes to blogging/vlogging. Encourage them to read your blog/watch your vlog and even create an account for themselves! Not only will they appreciate you for including them into your lives, but you gain trust with them as well.


Stay safe and happy blogging/vlogging!


Ariel

No comments: