Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Monday, September 7, 2009

One Pimple is One Too Many - Music

Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul. - Anonymous

Music. One of the few things on earth that can connect people instantly.
What do you think of music?
What are your some of favorite bands/singers/songs?

Donna (@teddy_dunn) says her favorite song is Morning Light by Truman because:
it's so inspiring to me... it talks about how she thought her life was horrible, but now she's on top of the world...

@IsabellaAnna says she doesn't have a favorite song. When asked why she says:
I can't pinpoint a song that's my favorite just because there's so many great songs out there. They mean something different to me at different times.

Jen (@jeng2008 - & one of our column writers) says:
music defines my life. having me choose my favorite song is like asking me to pick my favorite sibling, it can't be done. i could come up with a few good choices, but just one, near impossible.

my favorite song ever would probably be "i want you to want me". i think the first time i heard it was when i first saw "10 things i hate about you"...the original with heath ledger & julia stiles...there's something about the lyrics that are just so raw, and, in my opinion, what ever girl thinks when she has a crush on a guy

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
I'd love you to love me
And I'm begging you to beg me

I want you to want me
I need you to need me
And I'd love you to love me
in John Tucker Must Die, Kate (Brittany Snow) says (paraphrased) "why can't love be like an old pop song? "i want you to want me"...that's it..." or something along those lines, it's been awhile since i've seen the movie...it's just one of those songs that every time you hear it, you grab your hairbrush & belt out the lyrics...or at least i do. :P

favorite song right now? this is the hardest to answer because i like soooo many different songs. anything that inspires you to make a difference or be a better person is what i would say. i think that's why i like the song "Send it On" so much.(My note: Send it On is by the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato & Selena Gomez) if you really listen to it & take apart the lyrics, there's so much meaning to the song. be a better person, create a better planet...the possibilities are endless...it's like a Pay It Forward program...one act of kindness can become 2 & 2 becomes 4...all the way down the line until the one little thing that you did has created a movement without even trying...


~ ~ ~
I asked Labanya (@lalalabanya - our resident music expert) 1. Who do you think is the most popular band/singer in 2009? 2. What band/singers would you say have been the most influential and have the most staying power? 3. What traits would you say that gives them that staying power? 4. What are some of your favorite bands? 5. What is your favorite song and why?
Here's what she had to say:
Hmm..most popular band/singer. I don't know if I could choose just one. Taylor Swift, Demi Lovato, and Jonas Brothers (of course :P), Coldplay are doing really well right now. I do think that all having staying power, if they play their cards right. Black Eyed Peas is another one. Most influential-again, JB, Miley Cyrus, in some ways, Demi. I think they're influential because the songs they write, a lot of people can relate to and a lot of the lyrics definitely help some get through their day, just by listening to a particular song. Jordin Sparks is someone who I can definitely has staying power. The lyrics in her songs are relatable to teens/tweens.A lot of artists also have nice personalities so, I think people can look at them, not only as an artist, but also as a friend or just someone who can empathize. Favorite bands: JB (:P, music is extremely catchy and I love their lyrics), Honor Society (same reasons), Jordin & Demi (I can definitely relate to their music), Green Day (again, relatable lyrics), Carrie Underwood, Paramore, Shakira. I'm a dancer, so I guess you could say any artists who have catchy music catch my eye lol. Favorite song? Wow, that's difficult. Um. I really love Let it Rain-Jordin Sparks. The message is beautiful...basically, don't be afraid to say what you mean and let it all out <3. Another one The Climb-Miley Cyrus. Again, I love the message. And 1 more, Black Keys. That one definitely helps me get through my toughest days and sometimes, I almost feel like it was written for me.


Personally,
My favorite band is Switchfoot. They're one of the few bands that I will purchase the entire album without having listened to any of the songs before. However, my favorite song is Fix You by Coldplay. (It is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful, touching songs I've ever heard. If you've never heard it before, take a listen) I couldn't possibly name all of the bands that I consider amazing (or the songs) but usually what I'm listening to now can be found on my blog's playlist.

What does music mean to you? What are some of your favorite bands/artists? How about the questions I asked Labanya? What would your have been?

Remember:
The music is all around you, all you have to do is listen. - August Rush

Have a happy Monday,

Ariel

No comments: