Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Monday, December 28, 2009

One Pimple is One Too Many - Moving Forward

Hey Everyone!

Wow... I can hardly believe that 2009 is coming to a close. Time flies bye so fast!
Not only is it the end of the year, but it's also the end of a decade!

Today I want to talk about you. You, your future and the amazing person you are!

If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living. - Gail Sheely
Choose everyday to live like it were your last. Today I realized that there will never be another Monday in 2009. Whoa. I started thinking of all the things I'd like to do since Monday would never come again in the year 2009. Then I realized something even greater -- every day should be lived like this. You will never be able to relive the days in your life. You only get one shot... make it count for something!

Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive - it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then would there? - Anne of Green Gables
Every day you can learn something new... about yourself, the world, history and just about anything. Take that knowledge and use it to improve your life and the lives of those around you. You might say, "But Ariel, I'm not as smart as some people or I'm not as pretty or I'm not as thin." To that I say, WHATEVER! You are beautiful and amazing just as you are. You have dreams to bring to the world that no one else does!


Instead of making a New Years Resolution, decide to make a New Years Declaration!

I am smart.
I am talented.
I am good looking. ;)
I am friendly and have great friendships.
I will treat everyone with respect, regardless of their beliefs. 
I am a good son//daughter and will treat my parents with respect.
I will use every day as an opportunity to do good in the world.

Those are just a few examples. What will your 2010 Declaration look like?

2009 is almost over. 2010, here we come!

Wishing you all the best in this new year,

Ariel <3
@arielsmiles
arielsmiles(at)rocketmail(dot)com :)

See you next year ;)

No comments: