Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Happy Holidays!!

Hey everyone!! Hope all of you enjoyed Christmas and those of you who don't celebrate, I hope you had a great day!! Although we're not Christian, we celebrated it as well! :) I personally love the holiday spirit: the fun, the laughter, the joy in the air. To me, Christmas is really the most wonderful time of the year. It's a great time to show your family, friends, and loved ones how much you care about each other. And of course, leading up to Christmas, not only did we shop for each other, we heard Christmas music everywhere we went!! Even my teachers put up decorations, wore Santa hats, and played music in class about a month before Christmas!! :)

Growing up, I remember singing in Christmas/holiday concerts at school, where the whole grade would get together and sing favorites like "Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer" and "Deck the Halls," as well as some others that weren't necessarily as popular. Needless to say, those are still a part of my favorites and I love singing them. It helps to get me in the holiday spirit...and to enjoy and be thankful for what I have.

We've all heard songs like "Silent Night" and "Jingle Bells," but did you know that a lot of artists have recorded these traditional songs, and have added their own touch? Some even record a separate Christmas/holiday album to release. I haven't listened to all of them, but I love Aly & AJ's (they're now known as 78violet) Acoustic Hearts of Winter album that was released a couple years back. Recently, I've heard David Archuleta perform songs off of his album, Christmas From the Heart, and they're all really great too. Also, if you're a big Taylor Swift fan, and haven't checked hers out yet, check it out. I haven't checked it out yet, but I'm sure it's great. It's called Sounds of the Season. Check them out if you get the chance to :)

And lastly, there are a lot of "remixed" songs that I absolutely love to listen to around this time of the year. For example, "Do you hear what I hear" has been performed by Carrie Underwood, Copeland, Whitney Houston, and a lot of other great artists. The Copeland version is on my favorites right now!! :)

Alright guys, I'll talk to you later!! Enjoy your week!! Have a happy new year!!

-Labanya <3

No comments: