Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Top Stories

Cody Simpson Is The New Youtube Star!

The Australian YouTube star just moved stateside to record his debut album, and stopped by to tell Seventeen all about it!

Move over Justin Bieber, there’s a new YouTube star in town! Australian cutie Cody Simpson has just made the big move from down under to Los Angeles after signing with Atlantic Records. The 13-year-old has been writing songs since he was seven, and started posting them on YouTube soon after that. It wasn’t long before the Aussie cutie was discovered by producer Shawn Campbell, who has worked with everyone from Jay-Z to Ciara. Cody’s new single “iYiYi,” featuring Flo Rida, is sure to make your summer play list with its super-catchy chorus. In fact, Cody taught that chorus to a few of our summer interns when he visited us last week! See what he had to say about music, girls and his surprising backup career plans.

17: How did you react when Shawn Campbell got in touch with you?

Cody Simpson: He sent me a message through my MySpace and said, “I think you’re really talented. Get your parents to call me.” And so we Googled him and he was the real deal. So yeah, it was exciting. We called all our friends and family like, “This guy wants me to come over to the U.S.” Mom was like, “Don’t call him. He just wants to get to you.” She's protective, but my parents have always been really supportive. They’ve always wanted me to follow my dreams and stuff. So they let me come over with my dad.

17: What was it like recording “iYiYi?”

CS: It didn’t really take long at all. It took a day or two to fully finish it up. I actually didn’t record it with Flo Rida. He went on the song elsewhere but then I came into the studio, I met with Flo Rida and we both loved the song. It came out sounding really catchy. It’s about liking a girl and missing her when she’s away.

17: Were you thinking of a specific girl?

CS: Um… No, not anymore.

17: Do you have any celebrity crushes?

CS: Selena Gomez. I like her personality—and her looks.

17: What do you look for in a girl?

CS: I like a girl that’s just fun to be around. They make me laugh, but also they’re faithful and honest. And it’s all in the eyes.

17: Tell us about the music that inspires you.

CS: I actually grew up listening to country music. My dad really inspired me to start playing music. He played when friends came over for dinner and parties and everything and that really inspired me. I wrote my first song when I was seven and that was kind of country. Now I’m just like, “No! Why did I play country?”

17: So you don’t love it anymore?

CS: Not anymore, but I still appreciate it. I used to listen to Keith Urban and Johnny Cash and stuff. But artists that inspire me now are Justin Timberlake, and also Jason Derulo. I love his new album.

17: What advice would you give to other young musicians just starting out?

CS: I think YouTube is a great way to do it. Just work hard at it. If it’s your dream, then it’ll come. But have fun with it as well.

17: Was that what you had in mind when you started posting videos?

CS: Not at all. It’s always been my dream to sing, but I just was posting it for fun. I was actually a competitive swimmer. I was Australian champion for freestyle and butterfly, so that was my main focus and then when I got the message I was like, “No, this could happen.”

Have you heard Cody’s new song? Check out the music video for "iYiYi" here and tell us what you think in the comments below!

Source: seventeen.com

No comments: