Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Genres of Music-R&B

Hey everyone! Hope all of you are having a fab Saturday and weekend!! And to those of you who have already begun school, I hope you had a great start to the school year. To those of you who have yet to start, make it a great start!! :)

I apologize, but I'm gonna have to keep this week's entry a little on the shorter side due to the amount of schoolwork I have to complete. I will try my best to make up for that on next week's entry.

For today's entry, I thought I would start off by talking about some artists/music/songs that I'm really into at the minute. Discovering new artists and keeping an open mind is always a good thing to do because you never know what type of music you may end up liking! Personally, I never dreamed I would be into rock and r&b, because when I was younger, I listened to mainly pop (Britney Spears, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, etc). Now, my taste in music has expanded greatly and you will find that I listen to almost anything. There are several different genres of music...popular ones include:

R&B
Rock
Pop
Country
Rap

Every week, I'll focus on a different genre, just so I don't overwhelm you with too much info.

For this week, let's start with R&B...also known as Rhythm & Blues. I started listening to R&B back when I was in middle school, around 7-8th grade. I'm a dancer, so I like music that I can dance to and I found that R&B was convenient to choreograph or just groove to. Some artists include:

-Chris Brown
-NeYo
-Usher
-Ashanti
-Cherish
-Kelly Rowland
-Beyonce

And more. You will also most likely find a lot of these artists on your local radio stations....R&B music tends to be quite popular, especially in the teen/tween scene.

I've always encountered a lot of good songs in this genre....some of my faves are:

Halo-Beyonce
Forever-Chris Brown
Just Fine-Mary J. Blige
So Sick-NeYo
Miss Independent-NeYo
With You-Chris Brown
SOS-Rihanna
Yeah-Usher

Again, all good dance songs that have really good tunes and a nice beat. There are a lot more R&B songs and I've found that a lot of the older ones, from the '90s for example, are also really good. Check 'em out if you can and let me know what you think!!

That's it for today...again, I apologize for not providing you with a longer entry. I will try my best to make up for that in the future...but until I see you next time, have a great week!!

-Labanya

P.S. Feel free to let me know who your favorite artists/genres/bands/songs are!!

No comments: