Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Miley in trouble again with a Picture


Hey Miley fans, what do you think about all this...Honestly, we agree with Miley, leave the poor girl alone and stop trying to make her a bad girl, she is NOT! Get a life people...In the picture, which made the Internet rounds this week, Cyrus and her posse, including boyfriend Justin Gaston, are shown slanting their eyes en masse. An Asian American friend is the only person in the photo not participating.

Here is what Miley posted on her blog...good for her!

"In NO way was I making fun of any ethnicity!" she writes on her blog. "I was simply making a goofy face. When did that become newsworthy? It seems someone is trying to make something out of nothing to me.

"If that would have been anyone else, it would have been overlooked! I definitely feel like the press is trying to make me out as the new 'BAD GIRL'!"

"Ive also been told there are some people upset about some pictures taken of me with friends making goofy faces!" the punctuation-eschewing teen continues. "Well, I'm sorry if those people looked at those pics and took them wrong and out of context!"

I feel like now that Britney is back on top of her game again, they need someone to pick on! Lucky me! haha Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know what is on my heart. You guys know me and have been by my side every step of the way!

"You guys know my heart and know the most important things to me are my friends, family, fans and GOD! In NO WAY do I want to disappoint any of you! But when I have made mistakes in the past, I feel like Ive owned up to them and apologized."

Cyrus signs off by adding that she wished "everyone would stop focusing on my personal life and get back to focusing on what I love! Music and Acting!"

We might be overstating our boundaries, but don't Asians have a slight slant to their eyes? What is wrong with that? Why would you be mad if someone mimicked the way your eyes looked? You should be proud of your Asian background and the way your eyes look, that is the beautiful thing about different backgrounds and ethnicity's here in the United States. Are we wrong? We are totally missing this one!

There you go! What do you think?



3 comments:

Nicole Linette said...

When I was younger, I used to be very concious about my features and how different they were from every other Caucasian person. I actually would get upset.

Now, I know people are either A) joking around, going for a laugh or B) ignorant.

The publicity Miley Cyrus recieves on everything is becoming ridiculous. Sure, living under the spotlight is difficult, yet she should still be mindful of her actions. And creating a post on her, in my opinion, is simply fueling the fire.

peace&love, nicole.

Posh said...

Hey Nicole,

Glad you left a comment. I don't know what to think about this picture. Perplexed????

Wink...Posh

Deko said...

I am stunned that Miley would do something like this. I am with Posh, I don't know!

L8R...Deko