Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Amelia's Book Room: The Tale Of Despereaux

You probably heard a lot about this lovely novel by Kate DiCamillo when the movie adaption came out a while back, but I didn't get around to reading it till just recently. Well, rather, I listened to it, on one of these handy-dandy 'Playaways' from my local library; a compact, portable MP3 player with just that audio book programmed in, ready for you to listen to on the go. I will have to check out the hardcover edition sometime, though, as I'm eager to see the illustrations!

The Tale Of Desereaux is a charming story about an extremely small and large-eared mouse, Desereaux Tilling. Our hero is quite unlike the other mice; he has no passion for scurrying, thinks about the oddest things--like music!--and would rather read books than eat them! All very unusual for a mouse. He pulls the last straw in the mouse community when he sits in plain view of the human king and his daughter, and promptly falls in love with the Princess Pea.

And so, Despereaux is banished to the dungeons, where the terrible rats live. This is where we meet Roscuro, a rat who prefers light to darkness, and a grand adventure ensues, which I won't spoil you about! This was really a wonderful book; I wish I had had time to read it sooner!

I wanted to tell you guys that for the past couple of weeks, I've been volunteering at my local library. It's a really fun experience for me, and I'm learning a lot about how much work goes into it all! I know some of you teens and tweens have to do community service in the summer for school; if you like working with books, I suggest looking into helping out at the library!

Happy reading!

No comments: