Miley Cyrus and her friends at Youth Service America are ready for Global Youth Service Day, April 20-22, when millions of kids around the world will celebrate kid power through youth service. To join Miley and Get Ur Good On, here are some service events, ideas and inspiration.
1. Global Youth Service Day is April 20-22. Put on by Miley’s friends at YSA, Global Youth Service Day is a world wide service initiative to celebrate the outstanding youth who help volunteer their time all year long. Join over a million kids in youth service this weekend and better your community.
2. Still don’t know how to help out during GYSD? H20 for Life is putting together a walk for water. You can organize a 5K walk for your school, group, or community to raise funds for a partner school in a developing country that desperately needs water!
3. Need help finding a project in your area to participate in Global Youth Service Day? Check out the GYSD map and see where kids are getting their good on all over the globe. To register your own project, go to gysd.org!
4. April 22 is Earth Day. Find time during the day to pick up trash, plant a tree or conserve water to help our planet.
5. This month, kids all over the world are joining together to make a difference by planting a community garden, or holding a fair to raise awareness about childhood obesity. Need to be inspired? Check out the ideas page for Global Youth Service Day for great tips on how to join the youth service movement and participate in GYSD.
6. World Malaria Day is April 25. Help prevent this disease that is plaguing the world and effecting 53 countries around the globe. Join the cause and tell a friend, neighbor or parent about this illness. Together we can work to eliminate malaria.
7. Watch this awesome video YSA’s youth council created to find out why you should join Miley and YSA on Global Youth Service Day.
8. April 22 is J-Serve, when over 10,000 teens will come together to make a difference in their communities. Help them make an impact by participating in an area beautification, or conserve an animal habitat in your neighborhood.
9. The Great American Bake Sale National Challenge Weekend will take place the weekend of Global Youth Service to help end childhood hunger. Hold a bake sale in your area and donate the proceeds to local food banks. Keep an eye out for YSA’s Sodexo Foundation Grants for more ways you can help end childhood hunger.
10. Check out YSA’s amazing partner events for Global Youth Service Day and find something that you’re passionate about to make a difference, Whether its sports or video games, music or science, there’s something for everyone and every bit counts when changing the world.
Read more: looktothestars.org