Pages

welcome to the deko and posh blog

Hey V.I.T.'s (very important tweens and teens) Deko and Posh here. Our blog is a view of all the news happening around the world that effects us. We find the Top Stories of the Day and we post them for you to read. We would like your input on all these issues we face today as tweens and teens. Nothing is off limits. If you want us to discuss something leave us a comment or send us an email at deko@dekoposh.com or posh@dekoposh.com.

Our Mission: To empower all V.I.T.s to make positive changes today for a better tomorrow by volunteering, giving back, becoming leaders and teaching others to do the same.

Our Blog is all about Tops Stories of the Day, Fashion, Design, Volunteering, Charities, and how all these topic's effect us. And in our store online and in person you will find all your must have's by color. Yes, that's right we have color coordinated our entire store because everyone has a favorite color. Be sure to explore the colors at dekoposh at www.dekoposh.com.


Nominate a Tween or Teen for the D.A.P.L Award

D.A.P.L.
Driven and Passionate Leaders

Nominate a Tween or Teen that is making a difference
D.A.P.L. (Deko and Posh) here...We are going to be highlighting tweens and teens every month on making a difference either through volunteering, awards, activities, and/or making a difference. Here are the rules, you can nominate yourself or someone can nominate a V.I.T., the tween or teen must be between the ages of 8-19, an essay and/or write-up about yourself or the person you are nominating must be emailed to us at info@dekoposh.com, we need the full name-age-gender-and location (address not necessary just city, state), please tell us all you can so we can make our choices. We look forward to hearing about what all our V.I.T.s (very important tween & teens) are doing to make a difference.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Top Story


write a song for jason derulo!

Seventeen chats with the singer about his upcoming album, his nextAmerican Idol performance, and the cool contest that could make you a songwriter for the star!



Seventeen: First of all, how are you doing?
Jason Derulo: I’m fantastic. I can’t complain.
17: Good to hear! So, tell us about your Perfect Harmony contest.
JD: Perfect Harmony is a collaboration between Coca-Cola, American Idol, and myself. I’m working on my album that I wrote and want the fans to help me finish writing the lyrics to my song, “Undefeated”. I’m going to record the three submissions I like best and sing them. Fans can listen online and vote for their favorite. The winners get tickets to theAmerican Idol season finale, where I’ll perform the song.
17: That’s so cool! That will be your first performance since the accident. Are you nervous?
JD: I’m excited, but I’m a little nervous, too. I haven’t moved my neck in over three months.
17: Do you think you’ll be ready? Can we still expect a high-energy performance?
JD: I’ll be ready for it! Starting in two weeks, I’ll begin rehearsals for the show, finish recording my album, and record the winning lines from Perfect Harmony. I’ll be focusing on those three things. Rehearsals are eight hours a day.
17: Woah, that’s insane!
JD: There will also be a lot of hardcore dancing!
17: Is your girlfriend, Jordin Sparks, involved with Perfect Harmony too?
JD: No, but she went to American Idol with me when I was on the show.
17: Any insider secrets for people entering?
JD: I’m really looking for lyrics that are truthful and evoke emotion. Everyone wants to feel something. But I’m not just looking for professional songwriters. I’m looking for aspiring songwriters, or people who have never written a song before that are just searching for truth and emotion.
17: What songs evoke emotion for you?
JD: “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas always makes me feel good. “Dirty Diana” by Michael Jackson always makes me feel the pain that Michael felt. It depends on the song, but certain people can make you feel something.
17: What can you tell us about your upcoming album?
JD: I’m really excited about it. The world has definitely slowed down and there’s no pressure. I’m just going back to the basics and doing what I love to do.
17: Can fans expect the same sound they love?
JD: Every song will always sound like me because it’s me singing and writing it, but the new album is definitely a little different. I’m always trying to reinvent my sound. Also, I haven’t done any collaboration in the past, but this time around, I’m inviting some friends over to help me with the album, so there will be some guest appearances. That’s something really cool.
Go to americanidol.com/perfectharmony to enter your lyrics and watch Jason Derulo perform on the finale May 22, 2012.
Source: seventeenmagazine.com

No comments: